Keep up to date with the latest news & events by signing up to our Newsletter.
Interviews with Dorna RevieClick here to view Dorna talking about Sophrology.
Individual Themed Exercises: Power Napping
Why do this exercise?
Use it as a quick pick me up at the office, at school, at home or anytime you want to center, calm the nerves, clear the mind and re-energize. Good for your low-time moment in the day. This exercise will lead you into a deep meditative level.
What happens during the exercise?
You sit in a chair and are led through the body scan, then asked to follow your breathing in a specific way.
Doing anytime, anywhere rating
Suitable anywhere you can sit or lie down with your eyes closed, and are unlikely to be be disturbed.
What to do before you start:
- make sure you are in a place where it is safe for you to deeply relax and close your eyes.
- Find a place to sit or lie down
- Remind yourself of the sophrology attitudes
- Have an audio player with the audio file
- Have a notebook and pen ready
We recommend that you do this exercise daily for a week and, thereafter, you will be able to do it whenever you feel the need, even if you do not have the audio close to hand.
MP3 MP3 file - 10 min