Keep up to date with the latest news & events by signing up to our Newsletter.
Interviews with Dorna RevieClick here to view Dorna talking about Sophrology.
Introduction to Sophro Dynamic Relaxation
Sophrology Starter Kit: Introduction to Sophro Dynamic Relaxation
About this exercise
As the name suggests, this is an active dynamic exercise. The aim is to be fully aware present, calm, focused and energised. You may like to do this exercise at the end of the working day so that you relax, regroup and are ready to enjoy the evening .
Sophrology exercises used to be practiced lying down, the most recent ones are much more dynamic and they are done standing, sitting or walking. Many sophrology sessions also contain physical exercises like the one demonstrated here. It is important to make sure the you adapt the physical exercises so that they are comfortable and easy for you. This is a taster of what is to come in the Sophro Dynamic Relaxation Level 1.
NOTE: If you would like to do the exercise somewhere where it is not possible to do the physical exercise then you will still experience benefits from just imagining that you are doing the exercise.
Before doing the exercise we recommend that you:
- Read the instructions
- Watch the demonstration video (online)
- Find a place where you can sit relax and close your eyes
- Do the exercise by listening to the audio file
- Have a notebook and pen to write up your experience
Regular practice: We recommend that you practice each exercise once a day for 5 days before going on to the next one.
- Make sure you are in a place where it is safe to close your eyes and deeply relax.
- Make sure that you adapt the physical exercises so that they are safe and comfortable for you.
MP3 1 audio file - 12 min