Find your career in the art of relaxation
Sophrology is a relaxation method currently gaining popularity worldwide. In today’s rushed pace of living, finding a way to soothe the nerves, calm the soul, breath anew, and clear the head is more than valuable.
Sophrologists aim to reduce their clients’ stress and produce optimal health and well-being through the application of a specific set of physical and mental exercises that work in tandem to bring the body and spirit into harmony. Through a series of specific breathing exercises, gentle physical tuning, and mindful visualisation techniques, Sophrology engenders fresh perspective, motivation, balance, and emotional re-energising.
Making the art of relaxation your career can be deeply satisfying – and presents growing opportunities worldwide. This highly rewarding and financially viable profession can be followed anywhere in the world, needs little in the way of props, and will see you truly making a difference in people’s lives.
Reasons why Sophrology can make the perfect career
One of the key attractions of this career is that it can easily fall under the self-employment banner. You can choose to run your own business, managing clients on a one-to-one or group basis, or form a partnership with someone in a complementary discipline, such as business coaching or sports therapy. You can also find yourself working in a more mainstream capacity both in the private or public health sectors with doctors, therapists and life coaches – or within corporate organisations.
Employee wellbeing and aspects surrounding this, are currently gaining importance in corporations who seek to make their businesses more stable with regard to human resources, and more profitable with staff who remain happy and loyal to the company. Sophrology is increasingly being taken up as a tool in the induction process, as well as being incorporated into staff health initiatives because of its proven ‘stress-busting’ techniques.
Even non-profit organisations who seek economical therapies to help those suffering from physical and emotional trauma or long-term mental health issues, are looking at the evident results of Sophrology. Therapists may initially choose to commit a portion of their time to providing sessions for free, which is greatly appreciated by charities, but also builds important relationships with communities, enhances experience, and offers greater reach for the industry.
Benefits of adding Sophrology to your Toolkit
- Sophrology is increasingly being recognised as the new method for self-help, providing an effective way to deal with stress and anxiety on a day-to-day basis.
- For the benefit of your own personal and professional goals, Sophrology is an exciting route to powerfully supplement other humanity courses such as counselling, coaching, physical training, personal development, etc. Whether you are already qualified in any of these fields or are studying Sophrology as a single course, you stand to gain increased positivity, resilience and connectedness with the world around you.
- The benefit of Sophrology is that it can be fully integrated with existing therapies, enabling professionals to broaden their client base and address a wider range of issues that may be presented by clients, such as: pain management, sleep problems, work burn-out, stress and worry, and self-esteem issues, amongst others.
- The main purpose of Sophrology is to expand consciousness and through that discover your hidden capacities, abilities and discover a life that is happier, easier and full of meaning.
- Sophrology as a solution is versatile and dynamic in its approach, providing techniques easy to fit into busy lifestyles, resulting in wider therapeutic results for many more people than might be able to attend actual classes. The daily sophrology exercises will gradually lead your clients to discover their own strengths, quickly change their unhelpful habits and grow their own presence.
- Widely used by business leaders, Olympic athletes, tennis players, rugby and football teams, university students, as well as within family guidance and pre/post-natal care clinics, Sophrology is valued and practised by people interested in reaching their full potential. It is highly regarded as a structured method of ‘conscious awareness’ training, and teaches us how to reach our hopes and dreams. Perhaps a career in Sophrology will provide exactly that for you!
Sophrology: an old route to a new you
Currently revitalised as one of the most popular wellness trends in the world, Sophro-Ki® Sophrology translates to the “the study of consciousness in harmony”. It is essentially a holistic system, including physical and mental exercises, which promotes health, well-being, relaxation, and alertness.
Founded in the 1960s by Alfonso Caycedo, a professor of Psychiatry and Neurology in Madrid, Sophro-Ki® Sophrology was first created to treat war veterans suffering from PTSD and depression. Combining techniques from Zen, yoga, meditation and hypnosis, the system allows participants to release and redirect challenging emotions. Positive effects include: more focus, less stress, better sleep, more self-confidence, improved chronic conditions, and greater happiness.
In 2006, Dorna Revie, founded Energy Centre, the first school in the world to offer Sophrologist diploma courses in English. Sophrology Center Online, the newest of Dorna’s projects, has been established to meet the growing demand from around the world.
To find out more, please visit: www.sophrologycenteronline.com